I wonder if it is correct for me to blog here;
Why doesn't anybody send your GMAIL address to Chelsea and register as a team member...
Anyway, I post here.
Architect's valet chair, 1989
:Stain black to make it look like ebony
:Color with a liquid dye or tint
ex)Stain this table a beautiful walnut color
ex)People knew how to stain glass a beautiful blue in the middle ages
1. Having a proud or unbroken spirit
ex)a high-spirited horse
2. Vivacious; lively
ex)a high-spirited tune.
1_1.Pulsing or throbbing with energy or activity
ex)the vibrant streets of a big city.
1_2. Vigorous, lively, and vital
ex)”a vibrant group that challenged the . . . system" Philip Taubman.
2. Exhibiting or characterized by rapid, rhythmic movement back and forth or to and fro; vibrating.
3. Produced as a result of vibration; resonant or resounding
4. Relatively high on the scale of brightness
ex)a vibrant hue
1. wood steamed and bent for use in furniture.
2. an article of furniture made of bentwood.
–adjective 3. of or pertaining to furniture made principally of pieces of wood of circular or oval section, steamed, bent, and screwed together
ex)a bentwood rocking chair.
1. a male servant who attends to the personal needs of his employer, as by taking care of clothing or the like; manservant.
2. a man who is employed for cleaning and pressing, laundering, and similar services for patrons of a hotel, passengers on a ship, etc.
3. an attendant who parks cars for patrons at a hotel, restaurant, etc.
4. a stand or rack for holding coats, hats, etc.
1. full of life, action, or spirit; lively; vigorous
ex)an animated debate on the death penalty.
2. made or equipped to move or give the appearance of moving in an animallike fashion
3. containing representations of animals or mechanical objects that appear to move as real ones do
ex)an animated window display.
American, b. Hong Kong, 1968
Do Cinderblocks Dream og Being Styrofoam?, 2003
1. to imitate or copy in action, speech, etc., often playfully or derisively.
2. to imitate in a servile or unthinking way; ape.
3. to be an imitation of; simulate; resemble closely.
4. a person who mimics, esp. a performer skilled in mimicking others.
5. a copy or imitation of something.
6. a performer in a mime.
7. imitating or copying something, often on a smaller scale: a mimic battle.
8. apt at or given to imitating; imitative; simulative.
1. To strive to equal or excel, especially through imitation
ex)an older pupil whose accomplishments and style I emulated.
2. To compete with successfully; approach or attain equality with.
3. Computer Science To imitate the function of (another system), as by modifications to hardware or software that allow the imitating system to accept the same data, execute the same programs, and achieve the same results as the imitated system.
adj. Obsolete (-l t)
1. pertaining to, derived from, produced by, or involving electricity
ex)an electric shock.
2. producing, transmitting, or operated by electric currents
ex)an electric bell; electric cord.
3. electrifying; thrilling; exciting; stirring
ex)The atmosphere was electric with excitement.
4. (of a musical instrument) a. producing sound by electrical or electronic means
ex)an electric piano.
b. equipped with connections to an amplifier-loudspeaker system
ex)an electric violin.
1. a mark made by pressure; a mark or figure impressed or printed on something.
2. any impression or impressed effect: He left the imprint of his thought on all succeeding scholars.
a.the name of a book's publisher printed on the title page or elsewhere, usually with the place and date of publication.
b. the statement of such information in a bibliographic description of a printed work.
c. a name, title, or other designation by which all or certain specific books of a publisher are identified.
4. any marketing name used by a company or organization for a product line; brand or label.
5. the printer's name and address as indicated on any printed matter.
1. the line formed by sewing together pieces of cloth, leather, or the like.
2. the stitches used to make such a line.
3. any line formed by abutting edges.
4. any linear indentation or mark, as a wrinkle or scar.
5. Knitting. a line of stitches formed by purling.
6. Geology. a comparatively thin stratum; a bed, as of coal.
–verb (used with object) 7. to join with or as if with stitches; make the seam or seams of.
8. to furrow; mark with wrinkles, scars, etc.
9. Knitting. to knit with or in a seam.
–verb (used without object) 10. to become cracked, fissured, or furrowed.
11. Knitting. to make a line of stitches by purling.
1. a watch kept over a person, group, etc., esp. over a suspect, prisoner, or the like: The suspects were under police surveillance.
2. supervision or superintendence.
American, b. 1952
Who's to say that a shoe is not a piece of sculpture, 2000
1. a very great or indefinitely great number of persons or things.
2. ten thousand.
3. of an indefinitely great number; innumerable: the myriad stars of a summer night.
4. having innumerable phases, aspects, variations, etc.: the myriad mind of Shakespeare.
5. ten thousand.
1. a picture or decoration made of small, usually colored pieces of inlaid stone, glass, etc.
2. the process of producing such a picture or decoration.
3. something resembling such a picture or decoration in composition, esp. in being made up of diverse elements: a mosaic of borrowed ideas.
4. Also called aerial mosaic, photomosaic. an assembly of aerial photographs matched in such a way as to show a continuous photographic representation of an area (mosaic map).
5. Architecture. (in an architectural plan) a system of patterns for differentiating the areas of a building or the like, sometimes consisting of purely arbitrary patterns used to separate areas according to function but often consisting of plans of flooring, reflected ceiling plans, overhead views of furnishings and equipment, or other items really included in the building or building plan.
1. an act or instance of noticing or perceiving.
2. an act or instance of regarding attentively or watching.
3. the faculty or habit of observing or noticing.
4. notice: to escape a person's observation.
5. an act or instance of viewing or noting a fact or occurrence for some scientific or other special purpose: the observation of blood pressure under stress.
6. the information or record secured by such an act.
A usually hollow building block made with concrete and coal cinders.
1. of or pertaining to time.
2. pertaining to or concerned with the present life or this world; worldly: temporal joys.
3. enduring for a time only; temporary; transitory (opposed to eternal).
4. Grammar. a. of, pertaining to, or expressing time: a temporal adverb.
b. of or pertaining to the tenses of a verb.
5. secular, lay, or civil, as opposed to ecclesiastical.
–noun Usually, temporals. 6. a temporal possession, estate, or the like; temporality.
7. something that is temporal; a temporal matter or affair.
the correction of something bad or defective.
1. not lasting, enduring, or permanent; transitory.
2. lasting only a short time; existing briefly; temporary: transient authority.
3. staying only a short time: the transient guests at a hotel.